• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Policy Cancelation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sara Keeler

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I had an insurance policy that was paid in full. This policy expired. A new policy was sent to me with some changes from the previous one. I never made a payment on the new policy. The insurance company is telling me that I owe them for 4 months of premiums because they did not cancel the policy for non-payment until after 4 months had passed. I am looking for legal documentation showing that a contract did not exist between myself and the insurance company for the new policy since I never made a payment or a claim. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't worry

If you didn't make any payments on the policy, it should have cancelled for non-pay.

If you still have the renewal policy they mailed to you, mail it back to the carrier (NOT the agent) and include a note requesting flat cancellation. It's not your fault they were remisce in their billing.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">