• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract confusion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelique2bee

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I enrolled in a gym membership 11/18/2004. It was for a 36 week workout pledge program. I was going until I reinjured my back and stop going. My membership expired on 8/26/05 and written into the contract was an automatic renewal process. I wrote a cancellation notice to the company saying I no longer wish to maintain my membership. They told me in order to maintain my membership I need to move 25 miles away from the facility and provide them with proof of the move or I need to get a doctor's order saying that I can no longer attend the gym because it was putting my health at risk. What can I do about this situation?

dallas702

Tell them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. No court would uphold such a ridiculous set of conditions to quit a contract that already expired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">