• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get sick?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? new york
I work in an office in new york that was involved in a class action suit against an asbestos company for falsely removing asbestos. under the law suit my employer had to hire another company to come in and check to see if we still and asbestos, and we do.....so my employer was given an estimate to have this work completed........ well this was done about one year ago, and my employer has yet to take care of this situation..... the asbestos is in the basement of the place where i work. (i go in the base quite a few times a week) i don't believe it has been disturbed (asbestos) but i know it has been at some point. so my question is, can i get sick from this?

Crazed98

If you do get sick from asbestos there will be no signs for atleast 10 years.

And it will be very hard to prove that that your minor interactions with the asbestos in the basement was the cause for your illness.

Crazed98 said:
If you do get sick from asbestos there will be no signs for atleast 10 years.

And it will be very hard to prove that that your minor interactions with the asbestos in the basement was the cause for your illness.
10? Probably 20, at least. If the asbestos isn't being disturbed I think it highly unlikely the person will get an asbestos-related disease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">