• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

won a judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tanya2448

What is the name of your state?Indiana
I won a judgement over a year ago and the girl still wont pay can anyone tell me the best way to get her social security number so i can try and garnish her wages or put a lein on her home

JETX

tanya2448 said:
I won a judgement over a year ago and the girl still wont pay can anyone tell me the best way to get her social security number so i can try and garnish her wages or put a lein on her home
Bring her into court for a debtor exam.

tanya2448

Ok I know I am being a pest but if the defendant lives in Florida but she signed for all the court papers so she was well aware she was suppose to show can I still file a contempt motion or do I have to file it in here state.

JETX

tanya2448 said:
the defendant lives in Florida
Why didn't you say that in your original post.

do I have to file it in here state.
Yep. You have to domesticate your 'foreign' judgment into HER state... where her assets are located.

tanya2448

sorry I didnt say that before she lived here in Indiana then moved before we took her to court. She now thinks this is a laughing matter but I am not giving up on getting my money from her. So now I want to do all I can even if that means going to her home state now but I just want to make sure I do everything the right way so this way she doesnt have a chance to get off easy.

JETX

tanya2448 said:
sorry I didnt say that before she lived here in Indiana then moved before we took her to court. She now thinks this is a laughing matter but I am not giving up on getting my money from her. So now I want to do all I can even if that means going to her home state now but I just want to make sure I do everything the right way so this way she doesnt have a chance to get off easy.
Read 55.501 and the rest at:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0055/ch0055.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">