• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A/C unit service warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aliciamtnz

What is the name of your state? Florida

I own a condo in Surfside, FL; I've had problems with the A/C unit and contracted a specialized tech to get it fixed. His diagnosis was that the compressor wasn't working and that the best course of action would be to get a new A/C unit; he installed the new unit that he bought for me but since this occurred 4 months ago it has failed 3 times; he has been trying unsuccessfully to fix the unit. He now claims that the problem is not the A/C but probably a leak within the walls or the floor of the condo and that he's not capable to do this type of work. He suggested consulting another larger service company but advised us not to tell the other company that there was a recent installation done as well as many attempts of repair. I understand that the warranty for his work would be void if we consult another company. He told me he would be responsible for any expenses if the problem was related to the A/C unit or his installation but if the problem was -as he says- a leak within the walls or the floor of the condo then we would have to pay for it. My question is whether he is responsible for whatever is happening now with the A/C and also what is the best way to make him responsible if a second company comes without braking the labor warranty.
I'll appreciate your input. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">