• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roof damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soonergage

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Oklahoma
I own a small roofing company, I did a free roof inspection for a homeowner and discovered hail damage.I agreed to meet the insurance adjuster and discuss the damage.I arrived before the adjuster and was on the roof marking the damage with a piece of chalk when he arrived, the adjuster is now claiming that he saw me damaging the roof.the insurance company sent an engineering firm out to inspect the damage( I see this a lot when the Insuance company doesn't want to pay a large claim)they said the damage was mechanical in nature. I am now being sued by the homeowner for 10,000.00.the roof has since been replaced, I did not have an opportunity to inspect the roof again, or have someone to it on my behalf.in the letter I received from his attorney it states"insurance company has an agreement with home owner as to his claim,which has become a claim for vandalism. In this agreement Insurance company is permitted to bring this action against those individuals who have committed that vandalism, this action is being brought, as is allowed by law, in the name of home owner".should I have had access to thr roof, or someone on my behalf, isnt the roof the evidance in the case, and it has been replaced?

dallas702

I believe that since he is suing you, you must be allowed access to the "evidence". If this gets to court make sure you have statements from other roofers that what you did is normal procedure for your business. It all sounds like a bit of a scam to me. They could team up and do this to anyone who showed up to do repairs.

crabber

Were the police called on date of Question ?? Where are the police reports would be my first Question in Court .. And further more Insurance company show us the video of the supposed damage done to the roof ..That I Quote vandalized Please go ahaed and sue me Make my day.. P>S Make sure you bring the local weather report Showing within the time period That there was hail in the area and it wouldnt hurt if you could get notorized affadavits from his neighbors that might have had such damage done to their roofs also or any repair bill for such damage from them even if done by other contractorsundefined

shortbus

The opinion of the plaintiff's insurance company is not going to be much use to him in court. He has no evidence of your negligence, and can prove no economic damages (since he replaced the roof anyhow). If they actually file suit you'll need an attorney, but until that time I would ignore them, it sounds like bull.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">