• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection Agency Won't Verify Payment Arrangements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjewell23

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I have an account in collections for an apartment complex. The balance is approx $2000. I called today to inquire about setting up payment arrangements and while they will set up arrangements, they state they do not give any kind of documentation stating payment arrangements have been made other than a "reminder notice" of when your payment is due. Without this, I feel I have no proof of this agreement and I am also unable to move into another apartment complex without this verification. I am not sure of what I can or should do. Any ideas?

DiamondBob

Hoping

I hope someone replies to this, as I have the exact same problem here in Texas. I foolishly co-signed for a coworker for an apartment, and she skipped.

I have no objection to paying the debt, as I did sign, (and I knew it was a mistake when I did it).

I have agreed to credit terms with the collection company, and they have broken several promises about sending me a settlement letter with the terms.

Also, they continually call my work after being asked not to, and are abusive on the phone.

I think that I will start to record all my conversations with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">