• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a law on left animals?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tsukimoon

What is the name of your state?GA but being heard in California

I will try this again.

The owner of a bird left it at my house for over 6 months. Many attempts were made for this person to take her bird home. At some points does the animal then belong to me to what I wish with it? Since I could not get them to take it?

Shay-Pari'e

Tsukimoon said:
What is the name of your state?GA but being heard in California

I will try this again.

The owner of a bird left it at my house for over 6 months. Many attempts were made for this person to take her bird home. At some points does the animal then belong to me to what I wish with it? Since I could not get them to take it?
Actually, the bird was at your house because you bought it, yet never paid your sister. You then sell the bird and pocket the money.

Why do you deserve the money from the sale, since you never paid for the bird first place? Why didn't you return it?

Tsukimoon

We did not live in the same town. She said she would come and get the bird and take it home. Now have I not then returned it? I can only go by what she said she would do which was come and get it. It is kind of like parcel post...they are picking up the package but if they never come to pick up the package they say they are coming to pick up.

seniorjudge

Tsukimoon said:
We did not live in the same town. She said she would come and get the bird and take it home. Now have I not then returned it? I can only go by what she said she would do which was come and get it. It is kind of like parcel post...they are picking up the package but if they never come to pick up the package they say they are coming to pick up.
Your questions have been answered thoroughly.

Tsukimoon

And again I thank you on this post. Oh one more question. Does arbitration go by like the letter of the law? Thanks again.

dcatz

Yes. Ideally, an arbitration and a trial should be an appliaction of the same law to the same facts with the same result.

Compare to mediation, where, ideally, the parties craft and adopt their own agreement, and it can be outside the scope of applicable law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">