• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of tree/Additional living expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bianca4012

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I lost 6 tall trees (40 feet tall) during hurricane Katrina. Home owner insurance adjuster denied payment because they did not fell on property. Is he correct on that? He did not even pay to cut and remove the trees from the property.

Also since most of the damage in our home was due to flood, he denied Additional living expenses. He said ALE was under home owner policy and since home is not in living condition due to flood damage, home owner policy will not provide ALE. Is he correct? Our neighbor got 3 months worth of ALE although they had similar damage as we had. Thanks. :mad: :(

seniorjudge

bianca4012 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I lost 6 tall trees (40 feet tall) during hurricane Katrina. Home owner insurance adjuster denied payment because they did not fell on property. Is he correct on that? He did not even pay to cut and remove the trees from the property.

Also since most of the damage in our home was due to flood, he denied Additional living expenses. He said ALE was under home owner policy and since home is not in living condition due to flood damage, home owner policy will not provide ALE. Is he correct? Our neighbor got 3 months worth of ALE although they had similar damage as we had. Thanks. :mad: :(
Were your trees insured?

If not, then you don't get any money.

seniorjudge

bianca4012 said:
State: Louisiana

Not sure my trees were insured or not. But i found this info in this site right here. please click below.

http://insurance.freeadvice.com/insurance_help.php/109_138_244.htm

it appears trees, shrubs, landscapinfg is typically covered upto 5% of value of the structure. How do I know if this is also true in my case?
Ask your insurance agent, not adujster.

BTW, I think you may be in for a rude surprise as are many people who thought they had insurance.

I smell a class action lawsuit....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">