• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Air bag didn't deploy, truck totaled possible Lawsuit? State of VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amoore23

What is the name of your state?I was in a 4 car accident, I was the 3rd automobile. Two Jeep Suv's infront wrecked and I impact the 2nd one at 40 mph before I could stop, I was hit rear end by a F-350 service truck at about 35 mph, Both my Air bags in my Mazda B4000 Truck did not deploy. My Truck was totaled, and the Jeep Suv I hit was also totaled. I hurt my left hand, Index to thumb from gripping at Impact. I did not go to the Hospital but it was noted I was Injuryed in police report. Is there a possible lawsuit?
State of VA

racer72

This has been answered numerous times in these forums. No auto manufacturer claims that the Supplemental restraint system, airbags to you, will deploy in all accidents. It is in your owner's manual. You may wish to talk to a local attorney but it will be difficult to find one that would accept such a case.

hot airbag question

The airbags in the steering wheel and passenger side dash are specifically designed to deploy in the event of a vehicle striking or being struck from the front with a certain amount of force. Side airbags deploy obviously when the vehicle is struck from the side. Even if you airbags had deployed, they are in no way guaranteed to leave you ready for a game of squash (oops! Bad example!) afterwards. Their goal is to prevent MAJOR injuries. I would note that the explosive force used to deploy the bag(s) has been decreased since their debut in the early nineties, and the impact force necessary to trigger them has increased due to some very grisly accidental deployments.

I would add that your injuries might've been MORE extensive had the airbag deployed, especially if you had been picking your nose at the time.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">