• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcarone

New Jersey
I had a accident 2 years ago and was served this morning with papers stating that I was being sued as a result of the accident. The accident happened while I was driving a company vehicle. My question is, should my employers insurance company supply me with an Lawyer or am I going to be on my own?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mcarone said:
New Jersey
I had a accident 2 years ago and was served this morning with papers stating that I was being sued as a result of the accident. The accident happened while I was driving a company vehicle. My question is, should my employers insurance company supply me with an Lawyer or am I going to be on my own?

My response:

It would be in your company's best interests to do so. Your negligence can be imputed to your company under the theory of "Respondeat Superior."

So, what is your company saying to you in this regard?

IAAL

mcarone

nothing yet

I have not been able to contact the company as of yet. Will be able to on Monday. Another problem my be that I no longer work for that company, and the owner is in a lot of financial trouble of his own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">