• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renting parking space from apartment tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anaticus

What is the name of your state? Washington.

I am going to be renting a parking space inside an apartment from one of the tenants. I know it's not the same as renting a house, but I wanted to know if there are any legal "concerns" I should have. Is a formal contract of any sort needed, and if so what should it include? What happens if the person rents the space out to someone else while I'm not parked there?

I just want to get a general idea of how formal I should go about this, or if I should just consider it an easy and simple transaction. I don't expect any major hassles, but then again this is a stranger.

Also if this post better fits another category please move it.

Thanks,

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Anaticus said:
What is the name of your state? Washington.

I am going to be renting a parking space inside an apartment from one of the tenants. I know it's not the same as renting a house, but I wanted to know if there are any legal "concerns" I should have. Is a formal contract of any sort needed, and if so what should it include? What happens if the person rents the space out to someone else while I'm not parked there?

I just want to get a general idea of how formal I should go about this, or if I should just consider it an easy and simple transaction. I don't expect any major hassles, but then again this is a stranger.

Also if this post better fits another category please move it.

Thanks,

I am going to be renting a parking space inside an apartment from one of the tenants.

That must be one very large apartment!

Anyway, get everything in writing before you fork over a nickel.

crabber

Be sure it is his or her space to rent you and is there a parking permit sticker needed or will your car be towed?? And if no sticker does the car have to be registered with the management of the complex??

HomeGuru

seniorjudge said:
I am going to be renting a parking space inside an apartment from one of the tenants.

That must be one very large apartment!

Anyway, get everything in writing before you fork over a nickel.

**A: I've heard of a drive-in restaurant but this takes the cake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">