• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident but no Police Report????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chiefhouse00

What is the name of your state? TEXAS
(Short Recap of auto accident and need advice)
Greetings
My brother car was hit from behind by another car at a traffic light intersection. My brother car ran out of gas and won't start. He had the emergency flashers on and his friend had just got out of the vehicle to help push the car to the curb, when the driver of another vehicle (who passed three other vehicles) slammed into the rear of my brother's car while he was behind the wheel. The police officer arrived, asked questions and told my brother to completed an accident report and forward it to the police department. He got a accident lawyer. The vehicle was totaled by the other driver insurance company and now they want to settle for roughly $8000. After medical expense and lawyer fees, he get less than $1500. My brother injured his lower back and is still in pain (two trips to the hospital emergency room already). He refused to settle. There is no police report on file except for the report my brother submitted. What should he do???

seniorjudge

chiefhouse00 said:
What is the name of your state? TEXAS
(Short Recap of auto accident and need advice)
Greetings
My brother car was hit from behind by another car at a traffic light intersection. My brother car ran out of gas and won't start. He had the emergency flashers on and his friend had just got out of the vehicle to help push the car to the curb, when the driver of another vehicle (who passed three other vehicles) slammed into the rear of my brother's car while he was behind the wheel. The police officer arrived, asked questions and told my brother to completed an accident report and forward it to the police department. He got a accident lawyer. The vehicle was totaled by the other driver insurance company and now they want to settle for roughly $8000. After medical expense and lawyer fees, he get less than $1500. My brother injured his lower back and is still in pain (two trips to the hospital emergency room already). He refused to settle. There is no police report on file except for the report my brother submitted. What should he do???

You can either follow your lawyer's advice and settle or get another lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">