• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Drama - Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DaveQuestions1

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was involved in a collision some two months ago. Both parties involved had all the necessary driving 'accessories' ( that is insurance, registration etc.) and nobody was issued a ticket. I went after their insurance, as they had hit my car, their insurance said they wanted to investigate further, so my insurance ended up paying for the damages and me paying the deductible.

My car is now fixed and it seems the dust has settled, but I just received a letter in the mail from my insurance saying the other party may sue me, but they will cover my representation up to what is covered in my policy with them. I am not a litigious person, I don't care for lawsuits or courtrooms and has never been sued before. What should I do in a case like this? I am getting increasingly stressed, as I don't know what the point of the lawsuit is at this point anyway. Can anyone give me some advice here please? :confused:

Thanks

seniorjudge

DaveQuestions1 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I was involved in a collision some two months ago. Both parties involved had all the necessary driving 'accessories' ( that is insurance, registration etc.) and nobody was issued a ticket. I went after their insurance, as they had hit my car, their insurance said they wanted to investigate further, so my insurance ended up paying for the damages and me paying the deductible.

My car is now fixed and it seems the dust has settled, but I just received a letter in the mail from my insurance saying the other party may sue me, but they will cover my representation up to what is covered in my policy with them. I am not a litigious person, I don't care for lawsuits or courtrooms and has never been sued before. What should I do in a case like this? I am getting increasingly stressed, as I don't know what the point of the lawsuit is at this point anyway. Can anyone give me some advice here please? :confused:

Thanks

Q: What should I do in a case like this?

A: Do whatever your insurance carrier tells you to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">