• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident two weeks after cervical disk surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rangerbob919

What is the name of your state? OR. I had cervical disk surgery where my doctor fused together three vertebrae in my neck (C-5,6,7). Two weeks after the surgery (Jan. 05) I was a passenger in a car that was struck by a negligent driver who pulled into the street without stopping and was cited for failure to yield. Following the accident a CT scan showed a bulging disk at C-3,4 that is now pressing on my spinal cord and is causing pain. My doctor says the disk injury at C-3,4 was directly caused by the negligent driver. This might impair my ability to go back to work in law enforcement. An attorney advised to settle for $25,000.00. Any advice please?

rangerbob919

Auto accident following spinal surgery

OR.

I was hoping for more constructive advice than that......

I was riding in a car with clearance from the doctor and wearing a c-collar per his instructions.

JETX

rangerbob919 said:
I was hoping for more constructive advice than that......
Yep. You were looking for very SPECIFIC evaluation of a VERY complex situation. There isn't really anyway that anyone other than you can answer.

rangerbob919

Oregon.

What I am hoping to find out is if someone else has had a similar situation and if $25,000.00 is a fair settlement....it seems far too low so I'd like to hear from others who have possibly "been there" or have some expertise. Thanks.

rangerbob919 said:
Oregon.

What I am hoping to find out is if someone else has had a similar situation and if $25,000.00 is a fair settlement....it seems far too low so I'd like to hear from others who have possibly "been there" or have some expertise. Thanks.
How on Earth are we supposed to know what a "fair settlement" is? $25K may be a lot of money to one person and pennies to another....

You've got a lawyer. Use him. Take his advice. :D

msiron

Hopefully you will be back at the LE game soon but DO NOT settle for anything, especially a measly $25 grand. See a good lawyer.

Hope it all works out well for you bro.

JETX

rangerbob919 said:
Lets see..... so you came onto this website specifically looking for someone who lives in Oregon who:
1) Is your same age, occupation, etc. (future earnings) AND
2) had a PRE-EXISTING condition where a "doctor fused together three vertebrae in my neck (C-5,6,7)" AND who
3) was driving in a car 2 weeks after that surgery and was involved in ANOTHER accident AND

Just so you can see if this is a 'fair settlement'???

Sorry, extremely unlikely... and why I said this was a complex matter.

Simple answer:
Take the $25k if you feel it is fair.
Don't take it and go to trial if you think it isn't.
Only YOU can make that decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">