• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? about settlement ????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A329492

What is the name of your state?AZ
My caseworker called me up and wanted to know if I wanted him to figure out what a buy out of my loss of earned income would be (which was over a month ago) . I told to go ahead but I wasnt sure if I would take a buy out. He also told me that if I take the buy out that this would be my settlement because it is a schedueled injury. That confusess me. I was not able to return to my job and was let go. I have been placed in On the Job Training but am only making half of what I was making at my previous job where I got hurt. So if I was able to have kept my position at my old job that would mean I wouldnt get a settlement or anything.
My questions are
What is a schedueled injury?
How long does it usually take to figure out a buy out?
Will I be able to have a lawyer look at a buy out offer even if I am not using a lawyer at this time?

Here is some background on my situation.
I dislocated my shoulder in Jan 2003. Had surgery in Aug that year. Went right back to work and reinjured the shoulder in Mar of 2004 and had a second surgery in october of that year. Was considered MMI in April 2005 with an impairment rating of 16% upper body and 8% whole body. I have been told by my doc and the IME dr that I would probabally need surgery in the future.

Any help is appreciated

sonjiro

If you are uncomfortable,you probably should get an attorney to look over the "buy out" before agreeing. Also, I don't know much about settling, but you don't want to settle your medical if you still need medical attention. If you do settle medical, further surgeries or problems from your injury will be out of pocket expenses. I hope this helps some.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">