• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any reason I shouldn't bring lunch to you?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gurlncharg

I own and operate a small Sandwich Shop in Alabama(LLC)and I am thinking about delivery, I am wondering if there might be any liable reason I should not. My partner would be doing the delivery for now. Eventually of course we will have to hire help.(I Hope!) I know that you must check MVR's on anyone hired but what about insurance, is additional required? Can someone sue me because my employee runs a red light trying to get that Rueben there on time???

Thanks,
Gurlncharg

ALawyer

Yes, you would be liable for the acts of your agents and employees in the course of their employment. And thus you'd want adequate insurance that covers them in their cars when tending to your business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">