• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeframe on a settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshine_frmhvn

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I was in an auto accident in 1998. My car was totalled and before they would pay off my car loan I had to sign some papers. One paper I signed was asking if I had any injuries from the accident. I had been to the doctor the day after the accident because my back and neck were hurting. My whole body hurt. A few weeks went by and I felt better. That is when I recieved the paper work from my insurance company. I just put a breif note on there that my back had been hurting from the accident but I felt better. Over the past years it has been very easy to pull my back out doing simple tasks and the last time it happened... well my back isen't getting better & the pain is getting to where it is constant and I'm loosing my job because I can't sit for long periods of time or do a physical demanding job. Would I be able to go back on that claim ?? I had even visited a Doctor following the accident here & there through out the years sents my accident but my back is just getting worse over time sents that accident. With the breif description of my back injury in the claim paper work, that had no pay out at that time.... still give me the right to go back for a settlement? Or is it to late? :confused:

seniorjudge

sunshine_frmhvn said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I was in an auto accident in 1998. My car was totalled and before they would pay off my car loan I had to sign some papers. One paper I signed was asking if I had any injuries from the accident. I had been to the doctor the day after the accident because my back and neck were hurting. My whole body hurt. A few weeks went by and I felt better. That is when I recieved the paper work from my insurance company. I just put a breif note on there that my back had been hurting from the accident but I felt better. Over the past years it has been very easy to pull my back out doing simple tasks and the last time it happened... well my back isen't getting better & the pain is getting to where it is constant and I'm loosing my job because I can't sit for long periods of time or do a physical demanding job. Would I be able to go back on that claim ?? I had even visited a Doctor following the accident here & there through out the years sents my accident but my back is just getting worse over time sents that accident. With the breif description of my back injury in the claim paper work, that had no pay out at that time.... still give me the right to go back for a settlement? Or is it to late? :confused:

It looks like your time ran out four years after the accident:

http://www.drugintel.com/public/statute_of_limitations.htm

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/limitations_by_state/Utah.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">