• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

**Urgent** Need help in Deciding business structure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schaudha

I am based in California. I was told that it's better for me to form Nevada corporation & do business in California as a foreign corporation. Here are the reasons:
-It's NEARLY impossible to "pierce corporate veil" in Nevada
-less taxes in Nevada

My highest priority is security in terms of keeping my personal & business assets different.

The argument against the Nevada Corporation really is that
-little bit more complex because of the foreign registration, resident agent etc
-it can used against me in court because I don’t do business operations in Nevada

I have 2 businesses
-Sell eBook online to world wide audience
-Build website for customers all over US

I manage the business from CA & most of my actual work like writing, web site development is done from India by contractors.

I have been talking to attorney but everyone’s opinion is different. I have been reading books & online articles. I am getting more & more confused as to whether CA or Nevada Corporation is safer.

Is LLC a better option for me?

Please comment….

seniorjudge

schaudha said:
I am based in California. I was told that it's better for me to form Nevada corporation & do business in California as a foreign corporation. Here are the reasons:
-It's NEARLY impossible to "pierce corporate veil" in Nevada
-less taxes in Nevada

My highest priority is security in terms of keeping my personal & business assets different.

The argument against the Nevada Corporation really is that
-little bit more complex because of the foreign registration, resident agent etc
-it can used against me in court because I don’t do business operations in Nevada

I have 2 businesses
-Sell eBook online to world wide audience
-Build website for customers all over US

I manage the business from CA & most of my actual work like writing, web site development is done from India by contractors.

I have been talking to attorney but everyone’s opinion is different. I have been reading books & online articles. I am getting more & more confused as to whether CA or Nevada Corporation is safer.

Is LLC a better option for me?

Please comment….

No one can really answer that question since it is hypothetical.

BUT if you contact business lawyers and tax CPAs and gird your loins by following all of their advice, that is the best way to prepare for battle.

Nothing is foolproof.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">