• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear End Collision - Ins. not accepting liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CoachNip13

What is the name of your state?Florida

I was stopped, waiting to turn left into my work parking lot. Driver behind me slammed into me, felt like a bomb went off. He told the officer that his brakes failed and was cited. My insurance company said I could go through his insurance first if I wanted. Fast forward one week later......

Other driver's company checked the damage to my car, refused to accept liability. I am in a rental car, seeing a chiropractor for whiplash, and have an estimated $5,000 damage to my car which can't be worked on yet because of their delay. I would obviously like to keep a claim off of my insurance record, especially since I did nothing wrong. Is that might only option, though? What can/ should I do? I can't accept watching another insurance company get off the hook.

Thanks for any help!!

seniorjudge

CoachNip13 said:
What is the name of your state?Florida

I was stopped, waiting to turn left into my work parking lot. Driver behind me slammed into me, felt like a bomb went off. He told the officer that his brakes failed and was cited. My insurance company said I could go through his insurance first if I wanted. Fast forward one week later......

Other driver's company checked the damage to my car, refused to accept liability. I am in a rental car, seeing a chiropractor for whiplash, and have an estimated $5,000 damage to my car which can't be worked on yet because of their delay. I would obviously like to keep a claim off of my insurance record, especially since I did nothing wrong. Is that might only option, though? What can/ should I do? I can't accept watching another insurance company get off the hook.

Thanks for any help!!

Sue the driver of the other car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">