• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lesson learned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlbt4

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I recently bailed my ex-boyfriend out of jail. When he called to ask me he said that he would pay me back if I came and got him. I paid $170.00 in cash and $190.00 on my credit card and had to pay another $20.00 to use the credit card. So in total I paid $380.00. I dropped him off at his vehicle and he said that he was going to the bank and that he would be by my house to give me the money. I have yet to see it. Do I have any legal recourse against him to get my money back?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mlbt4 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I recently bailed my ex-boyfriend out of jail. When he called to ask me he said that he would pay me back if I came and got him. I paid $170.00 in cash and $190.00 on my credit card and had to pay another $20.00 to use the credit card. So in total I paid $380.00. I dropped him off at his vehicle and he said that he was going to the bank and that he would be by my house to give me the money. I have yet to see it. Do I have any legal recourse against him to get my money back?

My response:

What excuses has he given you? This is one of the reasons why he's a criminal. Criminals think like this, and will even screw their own girlfriends. Promises, promises, promises.

You could try suing him in Small Claims court. Beyond that, there's really nothing more you can do. Maybe now you'll be a little more discriminating about who you choose to be your boyfriend.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">