• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about rear end accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buddhi

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hi. My name is Jongbok Yi, a Ph.D. student of the University of Virginia. I got an accident two weeks ago, Oct. 8th. While I was waiting for merging into an intersection in completely stop, a guy hit from behind of me. He said sorry and gave me his address, phone number, and his insurance policy number. Because it was for the first time having an accident in my life, I was embrassed, and coulnd't call police.

I have sore in my neck, shoulder, and especially, my two fingers, index and finky fingers of my left hand feel numb. I asked him to report his accident because I wanted to go to the hospital, but he reported it on Monday. After I found his reporting on Tuesday, I asked to the State Farm that I wanted to go to the hospital, but the investigator said, I cannot go to the hospital until she says so. She said that because he responded the investigator's call for statement, I couldn't go. I waited for two days. A friend of mine got angry, and called her. She said I could go to the hospital. (I am not a US citizen, and she was very rude as soon as she recognized I am not a US citizen), and finally, a friend of mine brought me to the student health center to check me.

My friend and I asked him several times to state his case, so that I can go and cure my whiplash, but still he didn't call the State Farm yet. Would you please let me know what I can do? Can I hire a lawyer? Another friend said that I need to pay lots of fee. I don't want to screw him up, but want to get back to normal so that I can keep my study. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

teflon_jones

Do you have insurance? If so, contact them and let them handle this.

If you're in pain, seek medical treatment first. Nobody can prevent you from doing this. If you had been bleeding would you have asked their approval? If you had a broken leg? Of course not. Your health is your business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">