• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injury led to amputation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

foots

What is the name of your state?Texas . I broke my finger in may on the job. After 2 surgeries and pins and plates they are going to have to amputate my entire finger. It is my right index finger and I am right handed. Someone told me that my employer would have to compensate for the loss and someone else said that workmans comp would compensate. I have been on workmans comp since may. I dont know who is right or if any one will compensate. Also I had ADD insurance when the accident happened but no longer have it since the company layed me off in may. Would it be worth checking into to see if they would cover it since the injury led to amputation. I'm just confused as what to do, if anyone has advice about the situation I would be thankful.

Beth3

Someone told me that my employer would have to compensate for the loss and someone else said that workmans comp would compensate. The employer's worker's compensation insurance carrier will compensate you for the loss of your finger. An amputation is a "scheduled injury" and the amount of monies you are due as a permanent partial disabililty payment (PPD) will be specifically laid out in your State's worker's compensation statutes. If the loss of your finger prevents you from returning to your prior career field, you may also be entitled to vocational rehabilities - i.e. retraining for a new career field.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">