• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phenss2

What is the name of your state?Oklahoma
I hit another driver who pulled out in front of me. He has no insurance or drivers lisence and probably not many assets either. My car is close to being totalled. I have been told the only way to collect is to garnish his wages. Okay, question do I have to go to small claims court and get a judge to decide whether I can garnish. Or can I go to the courthouse and file all the garnishment paperwork myself. I have already spent $100 to tow my car home. I am not crazy about spending another $200 filing fee for small claims court. Which could all be for nothing. Also, the damages are about $6000. and this is the limit of $$ you can collect in small claims court in my state. Any suggestions, comments and advice will be appreciated. :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Phenss2 said:
What is the name of your state?Oklahoma
I hit another driver who pulled out in front of me. He has no insurance or drivers lisence and probably not many assets either. My car is close to being totalled. I have been told the only way to collect is to garnish his wages. Okay, question do I have to go to small claims court and get a judge to decide whether I can garnish. Or can I go to the courthouse and file all the garnishment paperwork myself. I have already spent $100 to tow my car home. I am not crazy about spending another $200 filing fee for small claims court. Which could all be for nothing. Also, the damages are about $6000. and this is the limit of $$ you can collect in small claims court in my state. Any suggestions, comments and advice will be appreciated. :confused:

My response:

The first question I have that immediately comes to mind is, "Where's your insurance?"

IAAL

Phenss2

I have liability on my car but no collision. I already spoke with my insurance agent and there is nothing he can do for me. By the way the accident wanst my fault. :eek:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Phenss2 said:
I have liability on my car but no collision. I already spoke with my insurance agent and there is nothing he can do for me. By the way the accident wanst my fault. :eek:

My response:

Well, well, well. Nice to see you back. I was beginning to think that an answer to your issue wasn't as important as you made it sound.

Sue the other driver. That's all you can do.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">