• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Madison1240

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New York
Last Thursday morning in the dark and pouring rain, I made a left turn off of a main street and had a green light and left blinker on. After turning, noticed a woman near the far corner waving and glaring at me. I stopped and got out of the car - she was crying hysterically and said I almost hit her. I apologized told her I did not see her and had her come into my car to calm down. She said her right leg hurt and she thought I hit her. I have a jeep and she is a small woman, I know she never fell. We exchanged phone numbers and I gave her my license plate number. Asked her if I could drive her home or anywhere she was going. She wanted to go one block to train station and I took her there. She called me that night and left a message to call her back. I called her the next night, left a message and told her I hoped she was ok. Called me back last night and said her leg was hurting and she wanted to go to the doctor and to call her back. I did not. Now its five days later - anything could have happened in that time. There was no police report. What is my responsibility to this lady?

Thanks for any advice.

Madison1240 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New York
Last Thursday morning in the dark and pouring rain, I made a left turn off of a main street and had a green light and left blinker on. After turning, noticed a woman near the far corner waving and glaring at me. I stopped and got out of the car - she was crying hysterically and said I almost hit her. I apologized told her I did not see her and had her come into my car to calm down. She said her right leg hurt and she thought I hit her. I have a jeep and she is a small woman, I know she never fell. We exchanged phone numbers and I gave her my license plate number. Asked her if I could drive her home or anywhere she was going. She wanted to go one block to train station and I took her there. She called me that night and left a message to call her back. I called her the next night, left a message and told her I hoped she was ok. Called me back last night and said her leg was hurting and she wanted to go to the doctor and to call her back. I did not. Now its five days later - anything could have happened in that time. There was no police report. What is my responsibility to this lady?

Thanks for any advice.
Wow. You made a lot of mistakes in your actions during this "incident". If the woman's leg is hurting because you "almost hit her", how on Earth is that your fault? You should not have given her any of your information. It sounds callous, but people are always looking for a schmuck to take advantage of. When she told you that you almost hit her, you should have apologized and moved on.

The woman can go to the doctor if she likes - but you are in no way responsible for her medical bills. You didn't hit her!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">