• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Have a Case For Small Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dixie B

What is the name of your state?Ohio
I am a deployed soldier in Iraq on my second tour of duty. Before I left I was seeing a girl. She broke up with me before I even left the US. I got her a cell phone in my name. The bill goes to her. She quit paying the bill in Jan and I now have a $683 bad credit charge on my credit. Since the phone was in her possesion and the address was hers, and the agreement was I would get the actual phone for her and she would pay the bill, can I take her to small claims to get this paid and off my credit report.

racer72

can I take her to small claims to get this paid
You have a 50/50 chance, it depends who the judge believes.

off my credit report.
Sorry, it's too late for that. Once the bill went past due, the creditor has the legal right to ding the credit report of the responsible party and that is you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">