• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parkcar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jla0806

What is the name of your state? florida
my son car was parked in front our home, the tag was not current, a garbage truck came around the corner and hit it., he claimed his brakes went out. whom is responsible for damages. my son did not receive a ticket.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jla0806 said:
What is the name of your state? florida
my son car was parked in front our home, the tag was not current, a garbage truck came around the corner and hit it., he claimed his brakes went out. whom is responsible for damages. my son did not receive a ticket.
My response:

Perhaps you'll share with us why you're asking this question; i.e., What does expired tags have to do with damage to his car?

IAAL

jla0806

I was not sure if the car not being register made a difference if we are responsible, we talk to waste mgmt and they were going to contact us but we have contacted them with no response. I

He may get a fine for not having the tag, but the damage caused by the garbage truck is the garbage truck company's responsibility. How many different ways do you need to be told that? :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">