• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Move out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flasun

I have discovered and my wife has admitted to having an affair. Since she "did the wrong"...do I have legal grounds (in Florida) to insist she move out of our house? She seems to be willing to do that, although she has mentioned that..."this is half my house too and I don't have to leave if I don't want to."

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

The two have nothing to do with each other.

If her name is on the mortgage/deed/whatever, she has every right to be there. You can bring up the issue of the affair at the divorce hearing. Whether it has an affect on property rights is a matter for your lawyer to decide to argue and the judge to determine as a matter of law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">