• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do We Have a Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mczelecz

What is the name of your state?Pa.
I hope someone can help.In 1971 the county ordered my grandmothers property sold at auction.The county court appointed a Master to oversee which he did and the property was sold for $30,000.

At this time he issued 4 checks to the siblings(my father being one),shortly after this my father misplaced 2 different ckecks(one also from the Township).
In 1972 we looked all over for the checks and could not find them,but about a month ago,we found both checks in a dresser drawer.I contacted the township right away and after some research issued another check,here comes my fathers problem.

I tracked down the attorney who was the master and who is still practicing law and who is still a master,he acknowledged my father's case and said he had the file.The attorney told me he had 3 out of the 4 cancelled checks,I assured him I had the other,he gave me a list of things he wanted from me and after he was assured I had the original check,he started to balk.

The attorney then said he remembers sending another check to my father,yet he has no documentation,no letters to this effect,or no notes in his file on this.It now has been 3 weeks he refuses to accept my phone calls or sign for certified mail.Does my father have any recourse,remember by Pa. law after 5 years this lawyer had to turn over any unclaimed monies to the state and he did not. Can my father still sue after all these years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">