• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about attorney's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjr5150

What is the name of your state?Colorado
If you get an attorney, and he really is'nt doing anything for you, can you let him go? I was wondering this cause I got one about 3 months ago and he really has done nothing for me, I have done it all myself.. I was wondering how all that works.(letting your attorney go)

BlondiePB

tjr5150 said:
What is the name of your state?Colorado
If you get an attorney, and he really is'nt doing anything for you, can you let him go? I was wondering this cause I got one about 3 months ago and he really has done nothing for me, I have done it all myself.. I was wondering how all that works.(letting your attorney go)
Do you know whether your attorney has collected and reviewed all your medical records yet? Did you find one that also goes to bat with your state legislators?

tjr5150

Do you know whether your attorney has collected and reviewed all your medical records yet? Did you find one that also goes to bat with your state legislators?
Yes he has got all my medical records, and he will go to bat.. He came highly recomended.. The problem is When I call and try to talk to him or leave a message to call me(have a few question's for him)he does not return my calls, or the next day I get ahold of him he says I didn't get the message..I had applied for an IME, he did not help me through the process, had chose my doctors and submitted them to the insurance and my case worker never got an answer from my attorney, this I know because she called me to tell me she agreed with one of my choices on the doctors. There has been a few more issues also but no need to bore people with them.. I am wondering if I can let him go..
Thanks in advance

BlondiePB

tjr5150 said:
Yes he has got all my medical records, and he will go to bat.. He came highly recomended.. The problem is When I call and try to talk to him or leave a message to call me(have a few question's for him)he does not return my calls, or the next day I get ahold of him he says I didn't get the message..I had applied for an IME, he did not help me through the process, had chose my doctors and submitted them to the insurance and my case worker never got an answer from my attorney, this I know because she called me to tell me she agreed with one of my choices on the doctors. There has been a few more issues also but no need to bore people with them.. I am wondering if I can let him go..
Thanks in advance
Yes, you can fire him. Your new attorney will work out the details of what is owed the attorney you fired. I asked about collecting and reviewing medical records because it is not uncommon when one has a huge stack of medical records to go through that it can take 3 months.

Typically, a lot of details dealing with w/c adjusters, are dealt with by an attorney's assistant via the attorney's approval. Not receiving a call back, or an answer to your questions relayed to the attorney by the assistant who can call you back with the answer(s) is a bunch of baloney. If I found out that the attorney did not receive my message from the assistant, I would be peeved too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">