• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Recommendation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Felixjlg

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL

Hi,

A lady I know recommended me to work with her friend on a job and I accepted. I was told by her friend that I will get paid for the job in 3 weeks when he gets paid. It’s been 2.5 months and I still haven’t gotten paid for the job I did. Now they both don’t want to talk to me and I’ve been nothing but nice and patient with them.

The amount owed to me is only $117, but the thought of these people taking advantage of me makes me sick. I want justice!

I would like to file a lawsuit against the lady that set me up to work with her friend even though her friend is the one that technically was supposed to pay me. Can she be held liable?

The lady has a regular job where wages can be garnished and her friend doesn’t. Her friend is a contractor who is broke most of the time between jobs.

Never once did I harass these two for the money owed. That’s not my style and I’m aware that if I do I can be counter sued.

I’m willing to give the lady a letter with an offer to settle and avoid the lawsuit. Before I send her the letter I would like to know what my chances are of winning a case against her.

Thanks

Felixjlg

I would be wasting my time since he doesn't have a steady income or assets to recover my loses.

Is it possible to go after the lady that put me into this bad situation? Is there even a slight chance she would be found liable?

Thanks for the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">