• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child injured on school property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sprytr2004

What is the name of your state? NY
My child was injured while watching a homecoming game. A physical altercation between boys occured and to prevent from getting hurt she removed herself from the scene - was not quick enough and was trampled on by 2 other children resulting in 2 broken bones in her wrist. I was not present, there was a first response on the scene for the (athletes) who wrapped her arm and told her when she got home she needed to tell her parents to take her to the hospital. My daughter was there with a friend and friends parent. I arrived on the scene 10 minutes after this was not greeted by the first response or the security. It is now Tuesday and haven't been called by the school . My question is - Is the school security responsible for this accident?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sprytr2004 said:
What is the name of your state? NY
My child was injured while watching a homecoming game. A physical altercation between boys occured and to prevent from getting hurt she removed herself from the scene - was not quick enough and was trampled on by 2 other children resulting in 2 broken bones in her wrist. I was not present, there was a first response on the scene for the (athletes) who wrapped her arm and told her when she got home she needed to tell her parents to take her to the hospital. My daughter was there with a friend and friends parent. I arrived on the scene 10 minutes after this was not greeted by the first response or the security. It is now Tuesday and haven't been called by the school . My question is - Is the school security responsible for this accident?

My response:

You want to be "greeted"? Okay, "hello." Why would you believe the school is liable for what two kids caused? Go after the kids who caused the fight.

IAAL

sprytr2004

Kids will be Kids- 1st - I feel if there was more security on the grounds they could have prevented the fight in the first place, I would think, having security there.. is for this particular reason - 2nd I feel my daughter should have been transported to the hospital, not told by the first response team that she should have her parents take her to the hospital ASAP. Do you still believe the kids that caused the fight are responsible?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

sprytr2004 said:
Kids will be Kids- 1st - I feel if there was more security on the grounds they could have prevented the fight in the first place, I would think, having security there.. is for this particular reason - 2nd I feel my daughter should have been transported to the hospital, not told by the first response team that she should have her parents take her to the hospital ASAP. Do you still believe the kids that caused the fight are responsible?
Yes, the kids that caused the fight are responsible.

That's it. Finito.

laine12

sprytr2004 said:
I feel my daughter should have been transported to the hospital, not told by the first response team that she should have her parents take her to the hospital ASAP.
Ambulances are for emergencies. A broken wrist is not an emergency. It is perfectly appropriate for them to tell her to have a parent take her to the hospital, rather than waste an ambulance that may be needed for a life threatening emergency.

teflon_jones

sprytr2004 said:
Absolutely. Without their actions, none of this would have happened.

Who exactly is this "first response team"? Are they school employees? Are they a local ambulance crew? Were they hired by the school just for this event?

The simple fact is your daughter seems to have been treated appropriately for her injuries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">