• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I hurt my self at work and its a no lift fecility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandra31

What is the name of your state?Michigan :confused: I work in a nursing home as a certified nursing assistant I've been there for 7months and just reasently found out it was a no lift fecility.So I hert my shoulder lifting a resident to transfer over to the bed now i didd go to there clinic had treatment done and also went on light duty but not long after i got of light duty i went back on the floor and hurt my shoulder again same one becaouse it was not fully recoverd again I was lifting a resident .I went again to the clinic saw the doctor he recomended thearapy again and went back on light duty now it took workers comp almost 2 weeks to aprove my thearapy mean while I was in horrible pain it was the muscle on the shoulder in which it was running up my neck and it felt like a knife was being jamd in to my shoulder.It has been 3 weeks senc therapy and im still in pain I talk to the D.O.N about the situation she says we as aids should of notified the nurses of the residents diclining I told her I have told them about it and they have not reported it so they could get eveluated and I told her sence its not nolift fecility why r we lifting?she said she blames the aids for not reporting the redints declining I told her she needed to talk to her nurses.So I said so sence theese people need to be on machine lifts are we going to get any more lifts she said she didnt know because they were to expencive.and that untill the resident gets evalueated we have to lift them.Now mind you its a no lift feciclity.In wich I got hert lifting I cant even do my dishes with out taking a brk caouse it hurst so mush.So i was wondering what should I do about this ? people say i should get lawyer I dont know please help!

I have delt with workers comp in michigan with my own case. please get a lawyer. do not try and do this on your own. just remember that they do not have to put you back to work if you cannot do your job nor do they have to find you a position. it stinks but thats the way it is. for example.. my job descripiton required me to lift 220 lbs at any give time.... ya right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">