• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bought used car it's the third time we brought it in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twnash

What is the name of your state? texas
i bought a used car with a limited warranty on 9/17/05. this is the third time i have to had to bring it in for the same transmission problem it's getting serviced right now. i would like to know what are my rights if any as a consumer and if any lemon laws protect me in any way? thank you

racer72

Lemon laws only apply to new vehicles. As long at your vehicle is being repaired by the warranty, you can do very little.

twnash

rental cars

what about renting cars can they be held responsible to pay for it because i have taken it back numerous times. also does my warranty last a little longer because it's been in the shop for a few days at a time?

twnash said:
what about renting cars can they be held responsible to pay for it because i have taken it back numerous times. also does my warranty last a little longer because it's been in the shop for a few days at a time?
Unless your warranty provides for a replacement vehicle (extremely unlikely), they're not obligated to provide you with one.

Time in the shop does not extend your written warranty. Why on Earth would it?

They are performing the work on the car as per your warranty agreement. This is what they are responsible to do.

There's just no pleasing some people. :rolleyes:

twnash

don't get testy

excuse me, don't be so sensitive as if i was asking you to compensate me personally for anything. the reason i asked the question in the first place was because i read it on the internet that you do have a right to have your warranty extended due to it being in the shop. i was just wondering if anyone else knew about it, and obviously you do with your self!! good day to you too and thanks for the advice and unnecessary comments.

dallas702

Ya gotta read that warranty top to bottom. I can guarantee they aren't going to do anything not specified in the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">