• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TyLex

What is the name of your state? SC

In June, I agreed to sell a car to my friend. He made a small deposit and we agreed that from that point forward, he would pay $100 per week until it was paid for. I only received 1 payment, in July. I loaned him the car in July so that his dad could look at it and to help him get to work for a week or so. This was all verbal. In August, after weeks of trying to reach him at home, I went to his place of employment and took the car. He was told that he could continue to make payments, but the car would remain in my possession. It had damage to the front bumper, and the estimate to fix it was the same as the money he had paid to that point. I did not hear another word from him until yesterday, when he calls demanding his payments AND money for work that he supposedly did to the engine, which I did not authorize. He is threatening small claims court because I gave him receipts for the 2 payments made and he has receipts for the "repairs", and he says that I have no proof that he did the damage, etc...Does he have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">