• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work restriction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m1zzou

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? kansas
I fell off a 6 fooot ladder and broke my scaphoid which takes a long time to heal.
At first my company would let me working in the office a couple of hours a day for $10 a hour and workers comp would pay the difference. Then Corp said that no one could be on light duty so I sat at home for 7 weeks. Workers comp made my company take me back on light duty for the last 3 weeks, but I am getting less than the $10 as before for the same work. I called my adjuster about getting payment for the last 3 weeks becasue I had about 10 hours a week and they said that in kansas unless its a whole body injury(back injury) they dont have to pay me anything. I got my cast off last week and my arm is coming along good as can be for being in a cast for 10 weeks. At this point I am broke but my doctor said that if I good back to soon with the work that I do that I would be back with a serious elbow injury. I don't want to take the risk but I have been living off of hotdogs and all of my bills are way behind. Thanks for any help

m1zzou

do I have any options besides going back to work before my doctor says I am ready? what if I seriously hurt my elbow becasue of my wrist? my employer will make me sign a waiver if I go back.

tjr5150

If your work has no light duty for you, and you can't do your regular job, then you collect workman's comp.. If your doctor releases you to work, but with restrictions, I don't think your employer can make you sign a waiver saying they are not responsible for further injuries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">