• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assaulter's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

micheleb

I was assaulted by another employee at work. According to the director of the company, I cannot legally be told what disciplinary action was taken against that employee due to their rights of privacy. I have reason to believe that the action taken against that person was very minor if at all. Is it true that I cannot legally be told of the disciplinary action? Where can this statute be found so that I can research it myself? Do I have any resources? This incident took place in California.

ALawyer

You have 2 avenues. File a complaint with the police, or with your employer.

As you did the latter as far as I know, absent a procedure manual or union contract, your employer has no obligation to tell you what if anything it did. It is saying privacy rights to me "none of your beeswax."

Also, remember that curiousity can sometimes kill the cat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">