• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jazgiz

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Hampshire I'm new to this so bare with me...I injured my back at work in April (2005) filled out all the necessary paperwork and had no previous injury-had to get an MRI and it showed a bulging disc L4-L5 also S1-S2. As soon as I got the results worker's comp was harrassing me about previous injury and denied my claim for "possible pre-existing injury". As of last month they have reversed their desicion after having a "physician of their choice" review my medical records. "he" feels that as of July my symptoms were minimal and states that I "perhaps" can lift a certain amount and that he sees no reason why I can't return to my regular work duties. I am an X-ray technologist-everything I do involves my back-I am unable to move/lift patients and some of the equipment-So bcuz of this "physician" worker's comp is only covering my expenses until the end of July. I continue to be on light duty at work as well as seek treatment for my back. This "MD" has never even seen or spoken to me-can they do this to me? Very confused and am told by many to get a lawyer! If anyone has advice please help!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jazgiz said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Hampshire I'm new to this so bare with me...I injured my back at work in April (2005) filled out all the necessary paperwork and had no previous injury-had to get an MRI and it showed a bulging disc L4-L5 also S1-S2. As soon as I got the results worker's comp was harrassing me about previous injury and denied my claim for "possible pre-existing injury". As of last month they have reversed their desicion after having a "physician of their choice" review my medical records. "he" feels that as of July my symptoms were minimal and states that I "perhaps" can lift a certain amount and that he sees no reason why I can't return to my regular work duties. I am an X-ray technologist-everything I do involves my back-I am unable to move/lift patients and some of the equipment-So bcuz of this "physician" worker's comp is only covering my expenses until the end of July. I continue to be on light duty at work as well as seek treatment for my back. This "MD" has never even seen or spoken to me-can they do this to me? Very confused and am told by many to get a lawyer! If anyone has advice please help!!

My response:

Why are you doing this on your own? Beyond telling you that you need legal representation, what kind of "help" were you expecting from us?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">