• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance slow to pay, not my fault..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rprack

What is the name of your state? California.

I was involved in an accident 9/19/05 the police report clearly show her at fault (she made a left onfront of me) I had just purchased this car and had not transferred the insurance over from my old one (private party transaction). Will this hurt me? How can I get her insurance to promptly handle this claim? It seems that they are dragging their feet and won't declare her liable. Thanks in advanced for you any help.

JETX

rprack said:
I was involved in an accident 9/19/05 the police report clearly show her at fault (she made a left onfront of me)
Sorry, but insurance might use the police report to get GENERAL information... but not liability. They will do their own evaluation.

I had just purchased this car and had not transferred the insurance over from my old one (private party transaction). Will this hurt me?
If they deny liability, yes.

How can I get her insurance to promptly handle this claim? It seems that they are dragging their feet and won't declare her liable.
See above.
Normally, you could just file a claim on YOUR insurance and the two carriers would 'work it out'.... but without insurance, your only option is to file a lawsuit against the other driver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">