• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Classic Car sold from Internet Message board

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikeinli

What is the name of your state? NY

I sold a classic car (1970) to an invidiual living in North Carolina.
Deal done via emails and phone calls

Gave a description of the car to the best of my abilities including areas i knew of with rust (wheel lips etc)

Took a deposit and agreed if he didn't want to purchase the car i'd keep 250 of the 5k deposit

He originally was going to come inspect the car.

Buyer a classic car financing company come inspect the car wich made a cursory inspection including pictures that went to the seller

Seller remits payment in full which includes the loan companies checks and a bank check, following an email that states payment in full would complete the sale.

Few days after an autotransporter hired by the buyer picks up the car.

two days later get a series of emails explaining his displeasure that he will have to do more to restore the car than he would like, all of wich would be a matter of opinion not fact, for all i know he is going to try to do a roteserie restoration.

for all I know the car fell off the transporter and the guy doesn't want to deal with it.

His emails explain that he is offering a one time offer to give me 500 and return the car, or he will be contacting his attorney. (I don't liek the ultimatum)

This transaction took 2 months to complete where I waived off other buyers in the meantime,

From what I have read I have no obligation to take the car back... I'd even hear him out if he wasn't being a &^*$%(* about it. The car is good, I know it is.

From all the posts here I am in good shape, I want to send him a note telling him I am under no obligation, that I would speak to him if he backs off and thinks of a more reasonable counter offer.

Mike

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">