• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In Motorcycle accident 4 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gypsyta2r

What is the name of your state?The accident happened in Washington. I now live in Idaho. 4 yeras ago I was hit by a negligent driver making an illeagle left hand turn. I was wearing a helmet it saved my life. I lost my right leg below the knee, split my left femur ,fractured my neck as well as injury to my lower back and hips. The driver not only hit me but completed his turn. He had the minimum insurance required by the WA state law which is $25,000. I recieved no money for pain and suffering, and loss of quality of life. I still suffer severe chronic pain due to the accident. The lawyer that handled the case, I believe did not serve my best interest. He told me that he was sorry and that I was one of the statistics. I pay for all prosthetics, medication and medical bills, which are massive. Is there anything that I can due to gain additional compensation? Is there a way to sue the person that hit me? He got a slap on the wrist of a $250 ticket. I lost just about everything and the bills keep coming.

Last edited:

stephenk

you settled your claim against the other driver through his carrier for $25,000? Did you sign a release? if yes, you can't go after the driver for additional money.

Why have you waited 4 years to think about suing the other driver?

gypsyta2r

The lawyer that I had at the time said that it would cost more to try to get money out of him than I would ever get. The driver was a migrant farm worker. I tried suing the state but they claimed limitation on liability, although they put a stop light at the intersection shortly after my accident. I feel that the lawyer that I had was only in it for the money, he got $7000 for 10 hours of work. I called other attorneys about options and was met with "...well if you had some money we could probably get somewhere", or"... get ahold of us if you get some money". The accident completely cleaned me out of my savings. I have suffered chronic pain and multiple revision surgeries after the accident. Now medical bills have been going to judgement that are a result of the accident. The driver got off nearly scott free. He has been able to go on with out any repercussions while I have had to indure massive amounts of pain and medical expense that will be with me for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">