• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiting game.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djtecnician

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

My case is settled. It's been about 3 months and my "paperwork and check" is sitting on a Judge's desk waiting for it to be signed and release. First of all I was supposed to have recieved my settlement check 2 months ago from my lawyer but he said that the insurance company wrote the wrong amount so it had to be remade with the right amount. 2nd month now Lawyer said it's been remade and it will be mailed. Didn't recieve it. Lawyer said the paperwork and check will be given to the Work's Comp Appeals Board building for me to pick up when it is signed by the Judge. Before I could recieve my paperwork and check they said I had to sign this letter of consent that I'm aware it's been more than a month I haven't recieve my check yet and that I'm okay with it. So I signed it to speed up the process. 2 1/2 months passed. It's been 2 weeks now. Excuses after excuses the judges receptionist said it will be signed and she will let me know. I asked her if theres anything wrong she said no theres nothing wrong. She said it gets so busy at the Work's Comp Appeals Board court that the Judge has difficult time to get to my paperwork and get it signed. Right now I'm thinking okay. She said there's nothing wrong. This is a waiting game. Why is it so hard for the Judge to sign the paperwork and release my check. Should I just be patient and wait or take action? Oh yeah and this check is a pretty big amount. I can imagine the interest accumulating right now if it's just sitting in a bank account. What you guys think? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">