• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information in a Summons is an outright lie, what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Awina

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

I recently received a summons from an accident that I was involved in back in 2003. This summons was left at my front door. It was not in any type of envelope, and I was not served.

Back in 2003 as I was making a left turn into a driveway, and a taxi driver hit the front end of my car. No one in my car was injured, and the other driver is now claiming that I hit his car and he has severe crippling injuries and can not work. Now mind you at the scene of the accident, the passengers in this taxi, got out of the car and hailed another taxi. The driver got out of his car and began looking at the damage to his car, he called several of his co-taxi drivers to come to the scene. He was told to wait for an ambulance. There was no major damage done to either car.

At the scene of the accident insurance information was exchanged, a police report was filed and my insurance covered the damages to this man's car.

Now here we are 2 years later and out of the blue he has left this bogus summons at my first door, trying to con me out of money. Is this legal, and what do I need to do to prevent this person from getting any money from me?

Any and all advice is welcomed.

Thanks
Awina

racer72

Awina said:
It was not in any type of envelope, and I was not served.
Yes you were. That is considered legally served.

Awina said:
Now here we are 2 years later and out of the blue he has left this bogus summons at my first door,
That is not a bogus summons, it is very real. Do as Mr. Jones suggested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">