• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Runaway Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kellydb

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Idaho. My daughter was recently riding a bullet bike with a friend. She asked if she could take a turn. He was on the bike helping her. Things went badly and she spent 3 days in the hospital. Should his insurance be picking up the tab here? His insurance has said that they will not pay anything because she was driving. Do I smell a rat here?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kellydb said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Idaho. My daughter was recently riding a bullet bike with a friend. She asked if she could take a turn. He was on the bike helping her. Things went badly and she spent 3 days in the hospital. Should his insurance be picking up the tab here? His insurance has said that they will not pay anything because she was driving. Do I smell a rat here?

My response:

I wish I knew what the heck you were talking about. What's a "bullet bike"? What are the ages of the people involved? What are the circumstances that caused the injuries? Are driver's licenses required to ride a "bullet bike"?

IAAL

racer72

Bullet bike is another name for crotch rocket, those low slung racing type motorcycles. And the reason the insurance won't cover the accident is because she is not licensed to ride motorcycles. Read the bike owner's policy, it will be listed in the exemptions clause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">