• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my cousin dated a guy who gave her $1000 for a trip for her disabled son and a tennis bracelet. they broke up for certain reasons and now he is threatening to take her to court and obtain these things legally. can he do this and does she need to worry? she is a single mom who has her own medical problems to worry about besides her disabled son too. i've never heard of this before.we live in louisiana. thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

my cousin dated a guy who gave her $1000 for a trip for her disabled son and a tennis bracelet. they broke up for certain reasons and now he is threatening to take her to court and obtain these things legally. can he do this and does she need to worry? she is a single mom who has her own medical problems to worry about besides her disabled son too. i've never heard of this before.we live in louisiana. thanks!
My response:

I need to know how long the relationship lasted; From (month and year) to (month and year).

Concerning the trip, I need to know EXACTLY what he said to her, and what she said to him about the money; e.g., tell me what agreement they had about that money. Also, I need to know HOW this came up in conversation; i.e., what was said that caused him to hand over $1,000.00 - - I need to know the exact words used by both of them.

Concerning the bracelet, assuming it was a gift, I need to know what the occassion was for the gift; e.g., holiday? Birthday? Spur of the Moment? I need to know the date it was purchased. If it was something she liked, but didn't have the money to buy it, and he "fronted" the money, I need to know that also.

How was the bracelet paid? Check, cash, credit card? And tell me whose check, cash or credit card was used, and if by check or credit card, tell me who signed the check or credit card purchase receipt.

What is her birthdate: Day and Month

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 11-22-2000 at 02:26 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">