• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations on small claims in missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angieshue

What is the name of your state? MO

I am asking a question for a friend of mine who sued another person 2 years ago, but the judgement was never sent to person owing him money because no address could be found. He has an address of the person now, and wants to know if the judgement can still be sent to person who owes him money? Any suggestions?

JETX

angieshue said:
I am asking a question for a friend of mine who sued another person 2 years ago, but the judgement was never sent to person owing him money because no address could be found. He has an address of the person now, and wants to know if the judgement can still be sent to person who owes him money? Any suggestions?
A judgment in Missouri is valid for up to 10 years.

Judgments presumed to be paid, when--presumption, how rebutted --inclusion in the automated child support system.
516.350. 1. Every judgment, order or decree of any court of record of the United States, or of this or any other state, territory or country, except for any judgment, order, or decree awarding child support or maintenance or dividing pension, retirement, life insurance, or other employee benefits in connection with a dissolution of marriage, legal separation or annulment which mandates the making of payments over a period of time or payments in the future, shall be presumed to be paid and satisfied after the expiration of ten years from the date of the original rendition thereof, or if the same has been revived upon personal service duly had upon the defendant or defendants therein, then after ten years from and after such revival, or in case a payment has been made on such judgment, order or decree, and duly entered upon the record thereof, after the expiration of ten years from the last payment so made, and after the expiration of ten years from the date of the original rendition or revival upon personal service, or from the date of the last payment, such judgment shall be conclusively presumed to be paid, and no execution, order or process shall issue thereon, nor shall any suit be brought, had or maintained thereon for any purpose whatever. An action to emancipate a child, and any personal service or order rendered thereon, shall not act to revive the support order.

angieshue

MO. Is that on a case not involving child support. This person sued the other person for money owed, not anything to do with child support. Is the statute the same in all cases?

angieshue

Mo. I misunderstood your first post, sorry. I understand now. The limitation is for 10 years. Good, he will be glad to hear this news.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">