• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need legal advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmunger007

What is the name of your state?undefinedazWhat is the name of your state?arizona i went over to my friends house pulled in her drive way and showed them my new car and said the radio doesn't work right so i gave the key to her 16 year old son (no dr lic)and told him to turn it on,but he started it and it lunged into her car,and she wants me to pay the damages...then she told her insurance i was the one who did it...help!!!!!!

teflon_jones

On the surface, you're responsible for the damages. You let her son have the keys. That being said, there's nothing to stop you from sueing her son for any damages you pay out to her. This would be at the discretion of the judge hearing the case though. Either turn it over to your insurance company or pay the damages yourself and then sue the driver. I don't think you'll win that one though since you let him have the keys. It doesn't matter that he wasn't supposed to start or move the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">