• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asset Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Texas.

I have been operating a business as a sole proprietorship for a few years. I made a huge mistake in that I signed a lease with a personal guarantee for a friend who started a similiar business from which I was being paid a small percentage as a "consultant". This friend proceeded to go downhill financially and is now going to walk on the lease, which would cause a $300,000.00 liablity and bankrupt me. My business is also having a hard time making it, but still has inventory assets. I would like to buy inventory assets for a new LLC while I am still able to, since I was read that those assets might be protected from my personal creditors. But is a lease obligation, signed by me as a sole proprietorship considered a personal obligation. I am doing as much as I can to sublease the property, and I do not want to do anything that might be considered as a fraudulent conveyance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">