• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proposition 213 driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anil123

What is the name of your state?ca
Follow up question from earlier post. My husband was at fault hitting another car who had a pregnant driver. at this time the baby is ok but she has retained a lawyer and says "we will see when the baby is born". I had thought she had car insurance but my husband says she did not. she has medical insurance. What does this mean in her ability to sue us especially if the baby has some problems after birth.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

anil123 said:
What is the name of your state?ca
Follow up question from earlier post. My husband was at fault hitting another car who had a pregnant driver. at this time the baby is ok but she has retained a lawyer and says "we will see when the baby is born". I had thought she had car insurance but my husband says she did not. she has medical insurance. What does this mean in her ability to sue us especially if the baby has some problems after birth.

My response:

Her baby can still sue your husband. Also, she can sue your husband right now for any of her out-of-pocket expenses.

IAAL

zippysgoddess

She can get a fine and/or lose her license for not having insurance, but that is up to the police, and maybe court system. That has nothing to do with the accident, and who is at fault, or responsible for it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

zippysgoddess said:
She can get a fine and/or lose her license for not having insurance, but that is up to the police, and maybe court system. That has nothing to do with the accident, and who is at fault, or responsible for it.

My response:

No, it's up to the Department of Motor Vehicles and, yes, she will be heavily fined and lose her license - - through that agency.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">