• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cryptospordium-Who is responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michellf178

Monroe, Louisiana.
My daughter has become very ill, 4 weeks now. She has been diagnosed as having cryptospordium parvum, but has been unresponsive to medication's and treatment's. She is unable to eat virtually anything, go to school, spend any significant amount of time out of bed or participate in any of the normal activities for a 12-year old girl.
Is anyone liable for her contracting this? Is it proveable? Many people tell me it is not uncommon for Louisiana, but we are relatively new to the area and are not familiar with water borne illnesses in general.

ellencee

michellf178 said:
Monroe, Louisiana.
My daughter has become very ill, 4 weeks now. She has been diagnosed as having cryptospordium parvum, but has been unresponsive to medication's and treatment's. She is unable to eat virtually anything, go to school, spend any significant amount of time out of bed or participate in any of the normal activities for a 12-year old girl.
Is anyone liable for her contracting this? Is it proveable? Many people tell me it is not uncommon for Louisiana, but we are relatively new to the area and are not familiar with water borne illnesses in general.
This is a protozoal infection from drinking contaminated drinking water. This particular protozoa does not filter out during normal water purification. The diarrhea stools are highly infective and I hope you have been given sufficient precautionary instructions in caring for her and protecting your family. Please make sure you boil all water used for drinking and cooking; boil the water for no less than 1 minute at a full rolling boil. Allow the water to cool before using. A water filter with "absolute 1 micron" filtering can be used instead of boiling water. I strongly suggest that you purchase such a filter and use it from now on. (Bottled water does not offer any protection if the water is from above ground sources.)

Who is to blame? I believe her name is Katrina.

Please contact your daughter's physician and ask about IV fluids, including those that provide total nutrition. Your daughter most likely qualifies for Home Health provision of IV fluids and total parental nutrition.

Best wishes,
EC

HomeGuru

michellf178 said:
Monroe, Louisiana.
Is anyone liable for her contracting this?

**A: no

Is it proveable?

**A: yes
Many people tell me it is not uncommon for Louisiana, but we are relatively new to the area and are not familiar with water borne illnesses in general.

**A: concentrate on getting her well. There is no one to sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">